Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Money, money, money, money…


I struggle with wanting more – more stuff, more money – but I read a couple of passages today that reminded me to be content and generous with what I have been given.

1 Tim. 6:6-10
(my paraphrase) – We should be content. We didn’t bring anything with us into the world and won’t take anything out. We should be content especially when our needs are met. People who desire to be rich fall into temptation which leads to destruction. Loving money is the root of evil.

1 Tim. 6:17-18
(again, my paraphrase) – Even if we have lots of money or riches, we should not hope in money, because it is uncertain. We should hope in God who provides us with all that we have. We should be rich in our good works and be ready to share, building a foundation for true life.

No comments: