Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How do you spell "chother?"

Ashton asked me that question tonight and I had no idea what she was talking about. She starts kindergarten next month and has been practicing her writing. She knows how to spell certain words like love; dog; god; cat; mama; dad and the and is trying to sound out others. (She loves learning). Anyway, apparently she was writing a book on love and needed to know how to spell "chother". I had no clue! Finally, she said, "I already wrote the E, I just need to know how to spell chother!" Apparently, she was working on the sentence, "Cayden and Ashton love each other." I got her straightened out but started thinking about words that were funny to me like that when I was a kid. Here's my favorite: Feyeshouldie (was actually "if I should die" in my bedtime prayer). How about you? What was a word you said all the time but had no idea what it really meant?

No comments: