Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Prayers

In small group the other day I prayed that God would forgive my complacency toward my prayer life and help me devote myself to more meaningful prayer time with Him. I began to make some meager improvements on my own and then I got this DM from a Twitter friend:


I was moved and honored and knew immediately what to ask her to pray for. I know that the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective and I wasn't really sure I wanted this prayer answered. You see, it will require change on my part -- submission and humility. It would be much easier to continue to be bitter and blameshift than to actually change. I struggled for about 2 hours and finally sent my reply.

Then, I asked how I might pray for my Twitter friend. And pray I have. Scripture tells us that if we draw near to God, He will draw near to us and He has.

It amazes me how God can use something as simple as a text message from someone I've never even met to begin a sequence of events that lead to the answer to my prayer & the beginnings of the answer to a prayer I didn't really want to pray.
Subscribe

No comments: