Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Moth Wars

Most folks know that I get up at an obscene hour of the morning; strap on a headlamp; tie on my running shoes; grab some sort of weapon for protection; and hit the pavement for a five mile run. What you may not know is that, while I enjoy the run, I don't especially enjoy the dark and not being able to see the random critters. I have this fear that I won't be able to scream or react if a fox (more likely a chicken) should attempt to attack.

This week I finally got the opportunity to test myself. I was hitting a pretty good stride, sprinting for my driveway when it came at me out of nowhere. It was the size of a pterodactyl! From the corner of my eye I was sure some large person was running at me. Within milliseconds I screamed and brandished my weapon, poised for attack.

I'm not sure if I actually hit the moth or not, but I do know that those last 10 yards were the fastest I've done in a long time!

Location:Elliott Rd,Aydlett,United States

No comments: