Monday, April 21, 2008

Brain to Mouth Malfunction…

My neck has been hurting lately. I think it has caused a disconnect between my brain and my mouth. Example, at a restaurant the other night I told the waitress to go ahead to the salad bar – strange; I may have been reading her mind. Today, I told one of my students that if I caught him throwing another thing across my class I was going to cut his arm off at the elbow. (Add that to the list of things you should never say to a seventh grader). I meant to say I was going to refer him to the office, but the mental scenario playing out in my head accidentally came out of my mouth. Fortunately I regained my abilities quick enough to laugh it off and ask him which arm he would prefer to keep… The nervous stares quickly turned to laughter.

I think I need a massage; or a chiropractor; or my head examined; maybe just sleep – on a good pillow…more rational thought later...

No comments: