Thursday, April 24, 2008

I got my har did....

I got a new hair cut and color. (It was kind of an extreme change, by the way). The reactions from everyone were priceless! Basically, they fell into 3 categories:

1. Avoiders – Either they didn’t like it or didn’t know what to say, so they avoided eye contact all together.
2. Affirmers – They saw it, they loved it, they told me they loved it. (Ashton, my 5 year old daughter, fell into this category).
3. Ask the Obvious – They saw it, weren’t really sure how to respond, so they asked the obvious. “Did you get your hair colored?” (I always answered this question with “no, I fell into some paint last night.”).

And then there was the reaction from my husband. Let’s just call his reaction “awe-struck” or maybe “afraid.” Every time he came into a room where I was he jumped and then shook his head – never gave an opinion one way or the other. I think he thought there was a strange woman in the house and then realized it was just me.

I’ve had so much fun with this… My reaction, by the way...I love it!

No comments: