Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Truck Stop Floor Christmas Lunch

As many of you know, we spend part of our holiday traveling around Florida visiting various members of Eric's family. It is a 12 hour drive from home and I don't travel well, so it makes for some interesting memories. Over the next few posts, I'll share some of my favorites. I'll start with my favorite from last year:
We travel on Christmas Day heading South on interstate 95. (By the way South Carolina, your portion of 95 needs some serious work! And Georgia, will you ever finish yours?). But I digress...

Not much is open in the way of good restaurants, but there are usually enough truck stops functioning along the way to get us by. We were ravenous and had stopped somewhere in South Carolina for lunch. We decided we could at least get a hot dog from the gas station. I surveyed the scene only to discover that there was but one, shriveled up old hotdog left. Eric decided to go for it as I was headed for the peanuts and Pepsi. Just as he picked it up to place it in the bun, it slipped from his grasp and landed on the nasty, greasy, disgusting truck stop floor. Question: does the five second rule apply in a truck stop? I think not, but my darling husband obviously believes otherwise (or he was on his way to starvation). He picked it up, brushed it off, and thanked God for his Christmas lunch...

No comments: